Did you know that you can generate donations while shopping for your valentine or yourself, at no extra cost?
Simply start your shopping at smile.amazon.com/ch/39-1479508 to confirm "Cuba City United Methodist Church" as your charity of choice, and AmazonSmile will donate a portion of your eligible purchase price to our organization.
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Drive Up only service begins @ 5:00 PM
(Pasty, cole slaw, homemade cake)
Need Donations: Make Pasties, Make Cakes or give a donation $30
(Makes 2 pies) (Use 9” or larger pans)
2-1/2 lbs. steak, cut into small pieces
2 medium onions, chopped
8 medium-sized potatoes, sliced thin
Salt and pepper to taste
2 T. Butter or margarine
Spray pie pans with cooking spray or coat lightly with shortening. Roll out the pastry and place the bottom crusts in pie pans. Alternate meat and potato, onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Dot with butter or margarine before adding the top crust. Cut a few small slits in top crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours. Test with a toothpick to see if potatoes are done. Cover loosely with foil for the first hour and remove foil and bake uncovered for another hour.
Yellow Sheet Cake
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons and softened, plus more for the pan
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the pan
3/4 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9-by-13-inch cake pan.
2. Combine the buttermilk and vanilla in a medium bowl. Combine the flour, the sugar, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat with the paddle attachment on low speed until well mixed. Add the oil and beat until evenly distributed. With the machine running, add the butter 1 tablespoon at a time and beat until fully incorporated. The mixture will look like coarse sand.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the bowl occasionally. While beating, add the buttermilk mixture in a slow, steady stream. Beat just until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
4. Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
5. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Pour as much caramel as desired over the cake
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup (8 ounces or 227 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 drops pink or red food coloring
- 2 cups (8 ounces or 227 grams) confectioners' sugar, sifted
- ½ cup (.30 ounces or 8 grams) freeze-dried strawberries, finely processed
- pinch of kosher salt
It’s that time of the year when we start to think about blankets. We will again participate in the Church World Service blankets program. We hope that our generosity will continue this year to make a difference in the lives of children and families all over the world with the simple gift of a blanket.
Our blanket program will run from September 12th-September 26th. Please stop by the mission table in the fireside room to find giving information.
Blankets cost $10.00, but any amount can be given. Your gift can be placed in a special giving envelope found on the table and placed in the fish bowl.
(Checks can be written to the Cuba City United Methodist Church.) Cards are available to take if you wish to honor someone with a blanket. The Impact report from 2020, it can be found on the mission bulletin board. Thank you for helping a person in need.
The first Sunday of every month we take a mission offering. We chose projects throughout the year that touch the lives of either the local, national or world.
The monthly mission offering for
September will be going to Northcott Neighborhood House
Please pray for the following:
Our Nurses and Doctors
Janice Morgan's niece Raelyn
Mary Crapp's brother
Carol Lange's Brother
Barb Thorne(Doing better)
Betty Ostrander(Galena nursing home)
Mary Lou Scadden
Jerry Evanoff (Recovering)
Those fighting Cancer:
Susan Kienzle Stewart
Sandy Kienzle Downing
Wendy Hamilton (Tammy's friend)
Audrey Waller (Tammy's Aunt)
Pam Wittock(Janice Morgans friend)
Kay (friend of Mary Alice Muller)
Ryan Schneider(Nancy Brownell's nephew)
Merle Curtis Family